What We Do
More than simply producing beautiful works of art, these workshops are designed to engage all abilities and levels of interest through student-centred enjoyment, exploration and experimentation. Process and outcome are equally important. Building on the ideas of the children, I bring to the class my own experiences and expertise as a practicing artist. If required, the sessions can comfortably be adapted to any coursework or curriculum-based activity within the school, as well as assisting GCSE and A Level students with their portfolios. Working collaboratively, in small groups and individually, I also offer studio visits from small school groups and whole class workshops in galleries during exhibitions of my work.
Every workshop covers the following:
- Private viewing & discussion about live paintings with a local artist
- Large scale collaborative drawing & painting, plus creation of individual pieces
- Explorations in colour, pattern & rhythm, drawing & mark making, composition
- Experiments with collage, mixed media & recycled materials
- Reference to & links with other art forms, artists, art history & contextual studies
- Intuition, experimentation & serendipity
How do you Book
Contact me directly or go to DAISI (Devon Artists in Schools Initiative)
How much does it Cost
This is dealt with on an enquiry basis.
What’s Been Said
“…Some brilliant ideas … Sara works really well with young people.
We have received some really excellent feedback – some of the best we have ever had.”
Annie and Roger Kirk – Trustees of The Helen Foundation
“Sara has delivered a number of fantastic workshops at KEVICC. She is a talented artist and tutor who has a unique delivery style. She encourages students to experiment and express themselves thoughtfully. I would highly recommend her.”
Tim Wightman – Head of Art, King Edward VI Community College, Totnes, Devon