What We Do
More than simply producing beautiful works of art, these workshops are designed to engage all abilities and levels of interest through student-centred enjoyment, exploration and experimentation. Process and outcome are equally important. Building on the ideas of the children, I bring to the class my own experiences and expertise as a practising artist. If required, the sessions can comfortably be adapted to any topic or curriculum-based activity within the school. Working collaboratively, in small groups and individually, I also offer studio visits from small school groups and whole class workshops in galleries during exhibitions of my work.
Every workshop covers the following:
- Private viewing & discussion about live paintings with a local artist
- Large scale collaborative drawing & painting, plus creation of individual pieces
- Explorations in colour, pattern & rhythm, drawing & composition
- Experiments with collage, mixed media & recycled materials
- Reference to & links with other art forms, artists & art history
- Collaboration & inclusivity
- Intuition & experimentation
How do You Book
Contact me directly or go to DAISI (Devon Artists in Schools Initiative)
This is dealt with on an enquiry basis.
What’s Been Said
“A massive thank you for yesterday. The art looks fantastic and the children had such a brilliant experience”
School teacher – St Maurice Primary School, Plymouth
“We have enjoyed going round to the TLLC schools visiting Kip and Sara’s workshops. Some brilliant ideas there. We look forward to seeing the final exhibition. Kip and Sara work really well together and with the young people.
We have already received some really excellent feedback from the children at OLSP – some of the best we have ever had – in the form of letters to the THF Trustees.”
Annie and Roger Kirk – Trustees of The Helen Foundation